Thursday, October 7, 2010

Been doing some thinking..

I know it's hard to make a dollar in this economy. I'm blessed to have my job (most of the time) and I would love to have another part time job. I have plans to save every nickel and dime I get.. (We'll see about that!).

However, when I move out of the house, I'm going to be paying my own bills. And if I can't afford something, I won't have it. Internet? I can go to a public library. Television? Don't need it anyway. My parents will not be paying my phone bill, my insurance, or anything else. I don't want hand outs. God is my sufficiency, I will absolutely live abundantly. I have no doubt about that. I just want to be completely independent from other people.

We just had a weekend in the Word. It was on practical family living from God's Word. What a blessing! The teacher hit some brilliant points, such as the fact that while we lean on God and trust in Him, we still have to plan for the future. It's all about being disciplined with your money. For example, if you have just enough for rent, and a flat screen t.v. goes on sale, and you buy that instead, that's broken principle. You can trust God and He'll move for you to get that flat screen t.v., but you have other responsibilities to take care of first; in this scenario paying the rent.

This year I have big plans to focus my heart and mind on God and trust in Him totally, rather than the arm of man. I realize that I'm going to be spending most of my time alone, and I'm completely okay with that. I need the solitude to learn to stay my mind on the things of God, rather than worldly bullshit. I'm noticing more and more that I am on my own among my friends and family in an emotional sense. That's okay with me, because my goals are different and are going to require my whole hearted commitment and effort.

More sometime soon!! I really like blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment